Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Question About QSL Card Paper

Those of you that have glossy QSL cards with pictures on them - what kind of paper are you using?

The reason I ask is the way I make my QSL cards from my Canada trip is I print pictures on both sides using HP photo paper. Since the photo paper doesn't come in double-sided sheets I print two sheets - one with front's and one with back's, cut them out, and glue them together. Not only is this a lot of work, but the paper isn't cheap either.

I would like to find a double-sided glossy (or semi-glossy, doesn't have to be like a mirror) card stock that I can print my cards on. I checked around locally and the closest thing I found was Brochure paper - 45lb and glossy. This would most certainly have been too thin so I didn't get it.

Any thoughts? Leave me a comment or e-mail me at: steve@k8qvo.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Ed N4EMG said...

Hi Steve,

I struggled and struggled to print my own cards, obtaining some stock from a place in Oregon - the name escapes me right now. But it wasn't any good for glossy photos. Eventually I went with UX5UO, Gennady, and I couldn't have been more pleased with the results. The stock, although I don't know the specs, is rigid and much tougher than the stock I was using. The prices were reasonable too. I went back and forth finalizing my card and he worked with me the entire way, very patient.

As much as I wanted to make my own, the hassles and costs of ink were too much in the long run for me to continue.

73 Ed N4EMG

July 28, 2009 at 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home