Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Croatia on 40m, Well Almost - Bad Band Tonight

I heard 9A4MF in Croatia calling CQ so I figured I would call back. Well, I did... a few times. He heard me in there but not well enough to make the QSO. As with the last recording - you can hear the ringing with the narrow filter and tough audio of the station. Part of it is the band - QSB, but the high noise level doesn't help anything either.

This little recorder is fun to play with! The quality isn't bad, it actually works quite well for my uses. I just need to do some mobile HF work now so I can put it to its intended use...

9A4MF 40m CW.mp3

Oh well... so it goes. Maybe my random wire antenna will help out once I get it up. I hooked up my loop the original way I had it - with the balanced line hooked up as balanced line, not shorted out at the feed point. The noise level is a couple S-units lower and I am not causing interference on my TV (and hopefully not my neighbors either).

I did work France, F5PLC, a little while ago also. I didn't think to grab the recorder though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home