Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Trinidad on 6m!

I just worked 9Y4VU on 6 meters! I have been watching VHFDX.net for a while today and saw him spotted. So I listened and I could BARELY detect a signal in there. So I figured I would sit on the frequency (50.099 CW) and see what happens.

The map showed him working out West pretty well with very few contacts over towards the middle of the country. As time went on, the E-clouds moved over our way a bit more.

After 15 minutes of listening he was up over the noise well enough that I could copy him. So I called back and he caught a few letters of my call. So I repeated my call twice. He got it! I gave him a 339. FK90 <-> EN80

Just a couple minutes later, no more than two, the band dropped and he was gone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home