Wednesday, July 8, 2009

6 Meter Band Openings, also Grid Count

6 Meters has been opening pretty good recently. I have worked down in to the Caribbean a bit and all over the US - mostly to the East and South of me (in Ohio). However, I have been watching some spotting sites online - such as VHFDX.net and DXsummit.com - and see that propagation is pretty wild. Right now there are people working across in to Europe and down in to South America.

I have been listening for some of this DX but I am not hearing anything. I scroll around to whatever frequencies are spotted, like right now I am listening for 9Y4VU as there are a LOT of people working him, but I am not hearing a darn thing. I wish I could get some of the action!

I got my grids all counted up. As of right now, the preliminary stats are 140 grids! This past trip really added to the mix for some reason, though I worked more variety in past years. Keep in mind, these were all grids worked while I have been in Canada (EN39) - that is about a week out of the year. If I had time to sit for weeks on end and monitor the bands I am sure I could snag a LOT more than that. I have not counted my grids worked at the home QTH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home