Friday, July 17, 2009

Surflon Leader Wire Fiasco

I wish this stuff was easier to get! I am specifically looking for C010B-4 - Black 10lb test Surflon on a 300ft spool.

I did a search on Google for it a couple days ago and found one place that has that product code listed. Just ONE. So I ordered it. Yesterday I get an e-mail saying I was being sent a refund because they no longer stock that item.

So I got in touch with American Fishing Wire and they recommended I go to South Creek Shop and see if I can order it from them. Well so far I haven't heard anything from them.

I would just order a 20lb 300ft spool instead, since that seems to be readily available (though I haven't tried to place an order so I don't know for sure) but I want the smaller diameter wire as it is less visible. I don't think the strength is going to be an issue for my antenna - it is stainless steel. Even though the small stuff is rated for 10lbs the actual breaking strength will probably be higher (and that is far more than magnet wire!).

Once I get this all figured out I will post an update. Hopefully, if anyone else is going to do the same idea using this stuff for an antenna, it won't be this HARD and COMPLICATED to get the stuff! You could, of course, try to order a higher lb test wire too (knowing it will be a larger diameter than .015").

1 Comments:

Blogger bbb said...

im def interested to know how this works out. also i started a new blog! peep it!

http://kd8kty.blogspot.com/

see ya man!

73
levi
kd8kty

July 18, 2009 at 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home